The brain is the organ that creates our mind and thoughts.
Research in Osumi Lab is focusing on how the brain is developed, maintained, and become aged.
Our lab has elucidated molecular mechanisms of neural development and neurogenesis, and proposed their physiological significance in animal behavior and the relevance in mental disorders. From the point of biological changes in different time scales, we will target transgenerational epigenetics that may affect neural development and neurogenesis. We welcome all young researchers sparing his/her best effort to tackle unique research in the cutting-edge science.
- [2016,07,28]Message from Prof. Osumi
- [2016,05,10]Research @Tohoku University on YouTube
- [2016,04,06]Article on Tohoku Forum for Creativity: Frontiers of Brain Science has been featured on our university global website
- [2016,01,14]Our research highlighted in the University website
- [2015,06,16]NEWS (REGISTRATION OPEN)
- [2015,01,16]PUBLICATION (recent-publications)
- [2013,06,10]PUBLICATION (recent-publications)